who wants to survive successfully in the modern must wake up each day
feeling great. Good vibes upon waking up attract the necessary energy to
tackle the tasks during the day. It might be a presentation in the
office, a social gathering you need to attend to, schoolwork that needs
to be done and or preparing the kids for school. Anything that demands
our full attention and best efforts requires good preparation both
physically and mentally.
Establishing a morning routine helps a person achieve both physical
and mental awareness. These things will help direct how your energy will
be distributed during the day and meet your goals. A good morning
routine ensures that you are on the right track of creating a healthy
lifestyle. It is the good lifestyle that keeps one physically fit. When a
person is physically and mentally fit, diseases caused by anxiety and
modern day stress are prevented. Diseases can be avoided. It only takes a
conscious effort to start living the life you want for yourself.
- Wake an hour earlier than you usually do. A great morning starts with ample time to spend on leisurely eating your breakfast, mindfully washing your face and picking the outfit that feels right for the day. Add another hour of preparation in your evening routine before hitting the bed. This will help you sleep an hour earlier and wake an hour earlier the next day. A good night’s sleep is essential to feel less stressed when the alarm rings. Set your alarm clock an hour earlier. It will take a few days before you can establish this new sleep/wake pattern. Do not be frustrated. An hour of extra time in the morning will prepare you to do the things that are mentioned below. Make sure to have the time to start a morning routine. If you need to leave the house at 8 o’clock, then wake up at 6 o’clock assuming that you would have set your waking time at 7 o’clock in the days before. This additional hour will be the time you will spend on doing the tips to ensure that you start the day right.
- Breathe deeply. Spend the first 5 minutes of your day mindfully breathing. Be mindful of how you take in the air and exhale it. This task helps you become awake and mindful that you will start the day with a focus in mind. Drink a glass of water before you start your morning routine. A glass of water helps purify the internal organs of the body. Water when taken first thing in the morning promotes the body’s natural cleansing especially in the colon.
- Stretch your muscles. Your body had been still for about eight hours until wake time, and it needs a few stretches to promote circulation to signal your whole body to be fully awake in a few minutes. You can start stretching your body in bed as you slowly wake. Then when you feel ready to focus on waking the other parts of your body sit on the floor. Stretch your neck first then your arms, torso, and legs. Spend a maximum of 20 seconds per stretch. This phase of your morning routine is meant to trigger your body to prepare for doing the next steps. You can also walk around the house if it makes you more focused on starting your morning routine. You can do either or both. Just focus on waking up and feel the sensations of waking up all over your body.
- Follow your stretches with a thirty-minute of cardio. You can walk fast, run, jump rope, skip and dance. You can also watch a cardio exercise and follow the exercises. Whatever it is that would raise your heart rate for the next 30 minutes do so. What is important is that you spend thirty minutes of raising your heart beat and thereby releasing the endorphins that trigger the positive feeling at the start of your day. This positive energy will carry you through the next tasks to do. The simple thirty-minute exercise in the morning will also help establish a healthier pattern that your body will remember throughout the day.
- Meditate. The power of meditation has long been proven to give you peace of mind. The practice has been around for centuries. Its appeal is on the therapeutic benefits of mindfully emptying your body of the negative thoughts and building a positive more open outlook after each meditation. For early morning meditation, focus on your breathing. As you become mindful of your breathing pattern, spend the next few minutes on openness. Acknowledge the concerns you have for the day or any thoughts that might come up. Acknowledge those thoughts. Accept them as they are and then release them. Refocus on your breathing as you release those thoughts and concerns. Close your meditation time with a virtue or value that you think will help you through the tasks and concerns you have acknowledged. Mindfully set your mind to feel it and visualize it. Then close your meditation with a feeling of gratitude.
- Write your intention for the day. The positive thoughts you have consciously brought to mind and felt in your body will take a more concrete focus when you write them down. Writing your thoughts down and letting them flow through your pen to paper is also a form of meditation. The mind has a built-in ability to organize the thoughts we have been occupied with. This ability to organize the different thoughts we have will help the mind to sort which thoughts are necessary to meet a set of goals for the day. Writing those thoughts down will help bring you to a conclusion and a decision on the best possible answer to the questions or concerns you have. Read what you’ve written and focus on the decision goals you have set for yourself.
- Post affirmation statements. Write the intentions you have for the day. Make sure to write them positively. A positively worded intention and goal will bring positive vibes. Be specific and concrete in your goals. This will help you focus on achieving the result and avoid distractions. You can also write the things you are blessed to have and the gifts you are endowed with. Post them in places where you can often read them and reread them when need to. It can be in your mirror, your table, your board, in your car, or anywhere you want to be reminded of your goal.
- Enjoy the simple acts. You wash your face and brush your teeth every day. You also shower daily. But these things can be a chore when you are not mindful of how you are doing them. Learn to be mindful of what you are currently doing. This will help you focus on the task at that very moment of doing it. Stay at that moment and try to enjoy the task. This practice of mindfulness spills to almost everything that you set your mind to do throughout the day.
- Drink a green smoothie. A smoothie of fresh fruits and or vegetables is the next level of eating fruits on an empty stomach. Eating fruits before meals helps the body absorb the minerals of the fruits more effectively than when taken with meals. Maximizing the nutrients, a range of fruits and vegetables for the body is easily achieved when you drink a smoothie. You can blend vegetables with the fruit of your choice. Examples would be apples, oranges, mangoes, and pineapple. You can also add ginger to your smoothie.
- Eat a meal full of protein. The body needs protein to repair its muscles and improve your brain function. A protein-rich breakfast will also prevent you from overeating because it helps you feel full. Have a breakfast of yogurt, eggs, cheese, and nuts. If you are preparing a smoothie, you can add a scoop of your protein powder on it.
Lastly, if you are a coffee lover, do take your morning coffee. A cup
of coffee in the morning gives you the alertness you need to focus on
the day. Coffee is also rich in antioxidants that fight stress. And yes,
coffee helps clear your mind to set properly you to imagine the things
you need to do. Coffee helps you feel alert, ready and awake.
A focused life is one that requires a commitment to establish healthy patterns. These patterns will help you create the lifestyle you think is the best way of coping with the world out there. Start doing the things that add up to a long and healthy life. Commit yourself to being successful at the task you have set your mind to do. And doing it each day requires that you also commit yourself to doing the things that help you meet those goals. Think positively of what is in store for you when you do these steps for a healthy morning. These are some sure guides of making you feel the best you when you wake up in the morning.